Friday, June 28, 2013

BEAUTY: Clothing--3.1 Phillip Lim

3.1 Phillip Lim showed a '14 Spring-Summer collection at Paris Fashion Week that looked to be a hybrid between "Logan's Run" and "Fantasy Island" (oh dear, did I just horribly date myself? who cares). Tight/ loose. Tough/gentle. Graphic stripes/ organic flowers. For the "Spring" part of the collection, a variety of intriguing treated leathers (metallicized, channeled, distressed, colored)  occupied space on the same jacket, coat, or pants. And for the "Summer" section, large modern tropical florals reminiscent of a Hawaiian shirt exploded across a simple black and white grid background.


And finally, someone has designed the closest to a classic T-strap sandal I have seen in quite a while. They come in black, clear (they remind me of my plastic/rubber "Jellies" I had in the 80s), metallic blue croc, and metallic silver leather. LOVE them!


http://www.31philliplim.com/

No comments: