Monday, January 30, 2012

BEAUTY: Interiors--Jeff Andrews

I've said it before, I'll say it again: white rooms are a missed opportunity for color. Unless it is a "statement" room that depends upon an all-white scheme to support some extreme modernist vision, white to me (in an interior design context) usually means "devoid."

But the primarily white work of NYC interior designer Kelly Behun seems full of texture and interest, filling the color-less spaces with reasons to look and linger...

I think it is a combination of furniture juxtaposition and choice of surprising elements like a lighted branch or a live-edge redwood cocktail table.


http://kellybehun.com/

2 comments:

Dr. Wheel said...

I really like the last picture with the lighted branches. It give the room a very elegant look. If you're interested there's a site called World to Home. They have a pretty nice selection of light branches.

Jeff said...

I know, isn't that branch wonderful? I love how she is using it as a pendant light for an accent layer of lighting! And the sparkly lights on the branch echo the sparkling lights of the city below...

Thanks for the link Doctor!